CALL FOR ARTISTS
Cobb Thanks You For Your Service would like to invite active and former members of the US Armed Forces to participate in our November 9, 2019 event, Because of the Brave.
Entries will be accepted through midnight October 25, 2019 via email submission to email@example.com. Cobb Thanks You For Your Service is a 501(c)3 dedicated to serving our veteran neighbors and their families in Cobb County.
This special evening will display artwork created by members of our armed forces. We are sourcing artwork for both the live and silent auction.
RULES: THREE ENTRIES PER PERSON
● Each work of art should be created by active or former members from all branches of the US Military.
● There is no theme to the artwork included in this auction. The artworks do not have to be military or patriotic; our desire is to show a variety of styles and mediums created by veterans.
● All media will be considered in this auction: painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media, photography, etc.
● Original work - or prints/giclees of original works - may be submitted by the artist or a friend of the artist.
● There is no application fee to submit your work. If your piece sells, a 20% commission of the selling price is donated to Cobb Thanks You For Your Service. It is the artist’s responsibility to price their work to reflect this commission. Sponsorship opportunities are available, in which a sponsor purchases the artwork and donates all proceeds to Cobb Thanks You For Your Service.
● The artist is expected to carry their own insurance. All work shown is at the risk of the artist.
● Two-dimensional work must be properly wired and ready to hang. Work not meeting this requirement will not be accepted into the show. No saw-tooth hangers, please.
● All artwork must be complete before entry.
● Sold work must remain until the end of the show. The person buying the work may pick up the piece with proof of payment following the close of the event.
● Sculptural works that need to be hung should be brought in with hardware sturdy enough to hang and a suggested method for hanging. We cannot hang from the ceiling of the venue.
● Maximum dimensions for 2-dimensional art is 30 X 40 – vertically hung, this is including frame.
● Sculpture pieces, free-standing can be no larger than 5ft. tall and 4ft. wide and must be on a sturdy base that cannot be knocked over. No sharp edges or points easily broken.
● All work must be labeled with the artist’s name, medium, dimensions, title and price.
● This is a juried exhibit and entries will be accepted or rejected upon entry.
● All work MUST BE PICKED UP by 4pm Sunday, 11/10/19 or before. We do not have room for storage.
● Submit artworks for consideration to Stokes O’Shields via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Subject line: Cobb Salutes Artwork Submission
● Please include on a .pdf the following:
○ Full Name
○ Branch of military served and years active
○ Title, medium, and dimensions of artworks
○ Artist biography and statement
● Please include high-resolution images of artworks to be submitted (label each image like so: ARTISTNAME_TITLEOFWORK.jpeg)
September 13th: Call for Art Announced.
September 13-October 25: Submissions are Open.
Saturday, October 26, 12AM: Submissions Close.
Saturday, November 9th, 12-4PM: Delivery of Art to Marietta Country Club
1400 Marietta Country Club Dr.
Kennesaw, GA 30152
Saturday November 9, 7PM -11PM: Event Program
Sunday November 10: Pick up artwork by 4pm
Cobb Thanks You For Your Service will generate publicity for the exhibit.
Questions can be directed to Stokes O’Shields at email@example.com